Disclaimer & Privacy Statement
The council disclaims any liability to any third party and is not responsible for any actual loss, consequential loss or inconvenience or any actual, special, indirect, or incidental damages, or damages for lost profits, loss of revenue, caused to any user of this web site as a result of any inaccuracy or error within its website pages.
Every care has been taken in the compilation of the information contained in the Slough Services Guide web sites. The Slough Services Guide and Internet operations form one part of the public provision of data, information and interactive services of the council and no web site or page should be regarded as the complete service provided by the council.
The data and information on the Slough services and council web sites should not be relied upon as the complete and appropriate information suitable for the circumstances of any third party seeking assistance or information from council sources. All information or data should be verified directly through formal advice from the originating officers or departments.
The information contained within the Slough Services Guide and council web site constantly being developed, updated and amended. The council takes considerable steps to confirm and verify information and to ensure it is correct at time of being published on the Internet. The council will consider suggestions for amendments or updates to its web sites at the time that they are received but reserve the right, at any time, to make changes, as it deems appropriate.
Whilst Slough Borough Council maintains its websites and Internet connections in good faith and to a high standard, the council disclaims any warranty express or implied for the maintenance of accurate, complete or appropriate data or the fitness for a particular purpose of any products or services referred to on the web sites.
The council does not accept responsibility for any websites, or any data or information contained on them or the quality of the material provided on web sites that are not owned or controlled by the council.
Open Objects hosts the Slough Services Guide on behalf of Slough Borough Council and operates the servers and equipment supporting its websites in good faith. Open Objects and the council accepts no responsibility for damage, loss or changes to any third party equipment (anywhere in the world) as a consequence of access to any server or internet equipment during the download or use of the council websites or data contained therein.
Open Objects employs technology and methods that aim to impede or prevent malicious programs or activity or software virus' wherever possible but makes no claim as to the effectiveness of such methods and applies no warranty or guarantee (express or implied) that the council's web sites are free of such software or activities.
The council makes no representations, express or implied, as to the accuracy or usefulness of any translation into another language of the information on any site controlled or owned by the council if that translation is not provided by the council as part of its services (including automatic translation services or independent translators not in the employ of the council).
The Slough Services Guide links with a variety of Internet pages that are not owned or controlled by the council. Such links do not in any way imply endorsement of the activities or contents of the sites that are linked to the council's own site.
Hyperlinks and hypertext links are provided on the Slough Services Guide to promote easy access to the variety of information and services provided. The council accepts no liability arising out of the use of such links, including:
- misuse or misunderstanding of these hyperlinks and hypertext links and web site navigational methods.
- third party interpretation of data or information which is distributed around the web site and reached using hypertext and hyperlinks.
- third party understanding of or use of the navigational structure of the site or the interpretation of distributed information on the site.
The council may revise this disclaimer at any time, without prior notice, by updating this web page.
Terms and conditions for using this web site:
The council grants the right to download Internet pages from council controlled or owned websites provided that any third party downloading information or data from those sites:
- assumes responsibility for the use of the information or data downloaded and agrees that neither Slough Borough Council nor any of its employees, agents, members or appointed representatives is responsible or liable for any claim loss or damage resulting from its use.
- agrees that to proceed beyond the home page of any of the council's web sites implies acceptance of these conditions.
- agrees that use of the information and data contained on these web site pages is at your sole risk.
- assumes responsibility for ensuring by independent verification its accuracy or completeness.
- agrees that use of automatic language translation services for translating information found on council websites is at the sole risk of the user of the information.
- agrees not to use the data or information for monetary or commercial gain or for promoting activities that are not agreed by express written permission by a senior officer of the council.
- accepts responsibility for independently checking for, and dealing with, software virus' or malicious programs or activities when using any websites.
Only information that has been reviewed and cleared for release by the council will be published on the Slough Services Guide.
The council reserves all rights and privileges relating to any published materials found on these sites unless otherwise stated.
The websites owned and operated by Slough Borough Council are protected by copyright owned in whole or in principal part by the council. You may download the document for personal reference, research or information purposes only.
Download, distribution and/or alteration of any information or data from council websites by any third party for their local use is permitted as long as this copyright is kept intact and appended to any data downloaded. Any other distribution of copies of the document or any altered version thereof is expressly prohibited without prior written consent of a senior officer of the council.
Use of any logo, graphics or graphical device or picture in any form or media after downloading from the council web sites is prohibited without the express written permission of the council.
The council does not grant permission for any use whatsoever (other than local display on the screen of the downloading equipment) for any information or data for which the council does not own the copyright.
No personal information you give the council will be passed on to third parties for commercial purposes.
The council reserves the right, where permitted by law, to share information amongst its own officers and other agencies where doing so will help improve the services provided by the council and assist in the development of other services.